Edge Grove is an independent day and boarding prep school in Hertfordshire. Its headmaster is passionate about forward-thinking learning and teaching that embraces and challenges the current curriculum. We wanted to rock a few boats, talk about issues that are often brushed under the carpet, and get noticed in the right places to boost admission rates further for the school.
The story - Cricket Tour to Sri Lanka: Overseas Learning
We knew that the incredible photos taken of the pupils at the elephant orphanage in Sri Lanka, not to mention the ‘matches in action’ shots would sing out the benefits of overseas learning. We knew they would grab the local papers, sports pages and education sector headlines. Stories about the tour and articles on the benefits of overseas learning were crafted and individually pitched to selected media using thought-provoking topical themes and hooks.
- Coverage appeared in almost all of the local Hertfordshire papers, as well as across many key education journals, sports pages and parenting titles - individual articles were also commissioned and published as a result.
- More than 80 high quality press clippings since the start of the campaign
- Regular coverage hitting 75% of the school’s VIP education titles (in the first six months)
- National newspaper coverage (spanning ¾ of a page for one article alone)
- Developed a recognisable profile for the headmaster who is now regularly contacted by the press to comment on relevant features
- Edge Grove is now bustling with admissions, in fact they have rather a large waiting list these days.